Monday, September 3, 2012

Project 1, Week 1: Figure as Landscape

For this project, I really like the idea of using texture to transform the figure into the landscape. This idea immediately made me think of the character of "Peeta" in "The Hunger Games," who is very adept at camouflage:

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

I'm very interested in creating interesting music videos, and one of my favorites is Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know", which uses this same concept, just not with a natural landscape.

Gotye music video

For my project, I'd like to either do a series of photographs or possibly a short video, depending on time and how the process goes. I want my model's skin to imitate tree bark, and her hair to imitate a bird's nest. Below are some quick sketches of possible shots if it is a series of photos, and a few thumbnails of possible shots if it is a video.



I started practicing the make-up side of things, mostly focusing on texture (I wasn't trying to match the color just yet). This was just my first experiment, so I'm going to keep practicing and figuring out how to build up the texture throughout this process.



No comments:

Post a Comment