Monday, September 10, 2012

Project 1, Week 2: Figure as Landscape

The color palette for my first idea is very specifically inspired by the scene from The Hunger Games that I posted last week. 
The Hunger Games
I took some quick test shots with my phone and picked out some key colors that I would be using in my make-up to blend my model into the tree.


Since I didn't have a distinct second idea for this project last week, here is a second figure as landscape idea for this week. In thinking about this idea I thought about Edward Weston's nudes, specifically the ones he shot in the sand. I think his limited palette of grayscale tones really accomplishes the blending of the figure into the landscape, but it's interesting that he chose not to mask their hair into the landscape at all. In a majority of the image, the figure melts softly into the landscape, but in that one small area, the contrast is harsh, revealing the difference between the two.

photo by Edward Weston


No comments:

Post a Comment