Sunday, November 18, 2012

Final Project, Week 1: 1 Album, 4 Minutes: Taylor Swift's "Red"

This week my goal was to finish writing the mash-up. This was very challenging, mostly because the tempos of all the songs in the album (there's 16 of them!) are of a very wide range. I knew this going into it, so the first thing I did when I started writing was to find out the tempo of each song so I could reference back to it when deciding which songs would sound good next to each other.




Next, I opened up the lyrics to every song so that I could reference them and easily copy/paste to piece the songs together.


Like I said, the wide range of tempos (73-157 bpm!) made it challenging, but I fit all of the songs in. Since I will be away from my little bedroom "studio" for all of Thanksgiving break, I knew I needed to at the very least record piano before leaving, so I can hammer out transitions, create tempo changes, and program melodies/harmonies for recording vocals while I'm away. That way I can record vocals as soon as I get home and start shooting some of the video.




No comments:

Post a Comment